Monday 17 November 2008

Everybody wants to be a copycat

Actually no, who in their right mind would want to be a copycat? I'm working on an old film poster project at the moment and I chose to do the Aristocats, hence the title.

I can't stand people that copy others. It's probably the most pathetic thing you can do to somebody, another designer, a friend. Especially when they won't own up to it but instead pitch it as their own idea and make you look like a fool. This is probably a very immature rant but it's one thing that I cannot stand, and I wish I could say something to this person but unfortunately I have a distinct lack of balls (both a good and bad thing depending which way you take that statement) and cannot bring myself to say anything. Well, I pointed out how daft I looked when I presented the same concept right after them and all I get was a vague "yeah i know" which screams a guilty conscience in my opinion. I thought it wouldn't be so bad because I was certain that another person in the class would have come up with the same concept (due to my self deprecation I thought it was a fairly obvious idea) and it would just look like a few people thought similarly but when it's two people who are very close and live together it gets a bit suspicious when they have pretty much the same idea. I just feel so betrayed! In a way...

Maybe I'm being melodramatic.

No comments: