Tuesday 11 November 2008

First Blog on the Moon

"I wasn't listening, I zoned out."

It's interesting what sentences can be funny at completely unexpected times! That's one advantage of having such an open flat, you can carry conversations without leaving the comfort of one's bed.

I've got a set up in the corner of my room next to the window that seems to have become a little makeshift workstation for myself. I can't wait to have a proper studio. I want a desk that is surrounded by shelves full of books and notepads and supplies and various other stationary products so that I can zoom around on my wheelie chair and grab whatever I need. One can dream.

Being a design student is rather hard this year. Lately I feel like I've been flailing in my projects. I'm almost never happy with what I come up with. I feel like my work is just so....amateur. I still can't define or pin down a style, or exactly what it is I want to do with my life. I'm really interested in web design, most of the digital based media really. I want to get better at using dreamweaver and flash and teach myself how to use fireworks. But first I better get cracking on that HTML book for my placement...

No comments: